Saturday, June 19, 2004

Oh yeah...another poker-oriented Blog

Voiceover (in best Trailer Dude voice): "In a world of poker blogs, one man has to fight to survive."

Yeah, I know exactly what you're saying, "There's so many poker blogs out there that I just don't have time for another." I can live with the rejection, since my raison d'etre for this blog is purely selfish. People always ask me what I want to do with my life, and I respond that I want to be a writer of some sort (or I did, before I began telling them that I want to be a professional poker player - I'm not sure which long-shot pipe dream they scoff at more). But, when I analyze my writing habits, I realize that I never frigging write any more. I had 70+ pages of a book written last year, but I never backed it up and then my piece of crap IBM hard drive pulled a "Buddhist Monk in Vietnam circa 1962" act of self-immolation; suffice to say, I completely lost my writing jones and vowed not to do it again until it returned from its self-imposed exile. Well, it's finally back again, but I am not sure where to focus it this time. While I figure things out, I might as well talk about the activity that replaced writing and golf as my primary focus over the last year: poker. So, even though I intend to discuss poker more than any other subject, I will also be writing about anything else that catches my fancy. This could be film (my one true love - sorry poker), baseball, politics, music or some random idea that flits across the ice rink in my mind. I think I am a pretty interesting person, have opinions on a lot of subjects, and can keep a conversation going, so who knows, maybe you'll like this little blog and come on back once in a while. Anyway, enough about me...let's talk about me some more.

No comments: