Thursday, October 20, 2005

It Was A Very Good Week

Because I leave the house at 7AMish and almost always get home around 11PM because of school, I haven't been able to play a lot of poker over the last two months. I've been doing okay in Party Poker NLHE Sit and Go's but haven't been able to win many (four third places in a row, though). Since I'm burned out on LHE right now, I decided to start playing $.50/$1 Seven Card Stud 8b instead. I have been on a major run in the last two weeks. I've made over $100 over four hour-long sessions; I've been rushing like crazy and in one session I scooped two pots with a pair of sixes and a pair of eights. I've always done pretty well in this game, but I've never devoted a lot of time to it (and have gotten killed in H.O.R.S.E tourneys during the E segment). I'm reading the Todd Brunson essay in SS2 right now, and I seem to be playing according to his guidelines. If anybody reads this and has any expertise in higher levels or live play in this game, I'd love to pick your brain. The highlight of my last session was me chasing a straight and a low and missing both, and watching my opponent scooping a pot with King high with no low qualifying hand.

No comments: